Monday, February 22, 2010

Sauve Professionals: Humectant

How much does it cost? I paid just under $3 for mine (I have a bigger bottle than the one pictured bellow, mine is 32oz and came with a "salon pump". I believe the 14.5oz is a somewhere around $170ish?)
How long does it last? a loooooong time.



I have very thick hair. it's also straight, apparently this isn't a common combination. I also color my hair pretty frequently, but it's still in great condition (knock on wood!). and my hair is about 3 inches past my shoulders. since my hair is long(ish) and thick, and has minor damage (it's not damaged from color so much as it just get tangled easily now) I need a good conditioner to keep it in line.

this is my third time trying sauve professionals. the first time was a conditioner of some sort I was skeptical. it's normally very watered down so I have to squeeze some of the water out of my hair before use to keep from watering it down more. so I squeezed out my hair like normal but the product that came out of the bottle was rich and creamy. I had to wet my hair more before I put it on. the final result was pretty good and while I can't place what the product was, it did whatever it promised. the second time was a week or so before this one, some rosemary mint shampoo (which I will be posting about later this week).

so when I was looking for a new conditioner and was pacing between my normal pantene and and aussie product I hadn't tried in a while (conditioner is one thing I "splurge" on... although some hardly call a $4 bottle of conditioner splurging, it is to me!). I saw this out of the corner of my eye, a slightly bigger bottle for about half the price of my pantene... and I had been meaning to try to the sauve humectant after my beauty chool teacher went on and on about humectants (although I'm sure if she knew it encouraged me to buy sauve she'd kill herself because she is an uneducated hair snob who just assumes a higher price automatically means better products).

the smell is really nice. it's sweet, almost coconut but not quite. the smell doesn't linger, so if you don't like the smell don't worry. it's creamy and much thicker than you'd expect if you haven't tried sauve professionals yet. once it's on, my hair felt super soft. I worked it in and found that it's really good at detangling.

now, if you rinse it out right away, it's nice and silky. however, I like to clip my hair up and leave it in while I wash my body/shave/ect. this gives it more time to absorb and work it's magic. the only thing you might want to save for after is washing your face if you're acne prone or washing off your back or arms or anything else that might be prone to zits on you. I usually rinse it out after I wash my body then clip it back up and wash my back and face.

after the shower, my hair feels silky and is much easier to comb. the soft feeling lasts once your hair is dry. all in all, I am very pleased with this conditioner. I will continue to buy.

for those of you who have seen the "compare to nexxus" or "works as well as nexxus"... while I have not tried nexxus humectant or whatever, I have tried another nexxus product. I was unimpressed. it was too thick for me to evenly coat my hair, so I had to use a ton of it, which is a waste. then because I had used so much it left my hair greasy. I tried watering it down which worked better, but I would NOT spend the money on it (I had gotten a free bottle).
I feel like sauve professionals is probably a slightly watered down version of salon brands. if you look at the ingredients, it really is the same. personally, I like that it contains more water, I can evenly spread it around and not end up using half the bottle. I also feel like it's well worth it. for double the size bottle and about 1/3 (or less) the price, the watering down is not enough that if you bought nexxus and watered it down you'd be paying the same price.... if that makes any sense.

quality for price 5/5 (I'd vote higher if I could... I have tried salon brands before and this really is comparable)
quality overall 5/5

No comments:

Post a Comment