Sunday, January 31, 2010

Equate Original Formula Beauty Lotion

How much is it? $5.97 at Walmart ($9.97ish for Olay's version... ouch!)
How long does it last? I just bought it last night so I'm not sure, however I used less than a dine sized squirt and it was a little too much. so I'm going to guess it will last me a while.

my box looks a little different, this might be old packaging but it's the only picture I could find.

let me first start by saying that I have combination skin. in the winter my cheeks always get extremely dry! however this is the first winter that I am not using my old brand of magical, miracle face soap because despite what they say, they changed the formula. the combination of products I use now to keep me free of zits apparently makes my cheeks and around my lips so dry they might fall off and even my t-zone dry enough to flake a bit. this is both ugly and painful; something had to be done. I have a face lotion that is supposed to help fight zits, however since it's medicated it just dried my face out more.
so I went in search of an AFFORDABLE face lotion that wouldn't clog pores and was not specifically designed for something... and by something I mean that apparently EVERY lotion these days is "dual" purpose. "with spf15!" "anti-aging" "fine line erasing!" "acne fighting" and I need absolutely none of those... I'm 21 so I don't have wrinkles. I don't really go out in the sun very often, I don't think the walk to the car merits sunscreen. and as I already said skin clearing lotion just dries me out more at this point.
my search resulted in TWO (yes out of a whole walmart isle there were only two lotions that are simply moisturizing face lotions). Olay beauty lotion and Walmart's version. I did research and found users of Olay's lotion swear by it, so I decided to try it.

Down to the actual review... the smell is pleasant. a lot like Johnson and Johnson baby lotion. it's slight's pink tinted. it feels like normal lotion on my fingers. the second I rubbed it into my face it turned into a heavenly, moisturizing... well, moisturizer. it soaked in pretty fast, but not in the "okay it's absorbed and you're still dry and flaky" kind of way. my skin felt soothed and hydrated. after 5mins my skin was silky soft and no longer burning.

I have only been using it for a day, but I already love it!
I'm not going to rate it just yet, in case I break out in hives after using it after tonight's shower or something. I think next week I'll update with a rating so I have time to form a solid opinion, but so far it's amazing and well worth the $6 (a little more than I was hoping to pay!)

No comments:

Post a Comment